Thursday, February 15, 2018

IP3 - Portrait / Caricature


YAEJI









satire


cute

realistic

Since the assignment changed to be a cover, I wanted to experiment more with her in the context of being a music producer. 




from the previous sketches I chose the more "cute" version because I think that is how she is normally viewed, a young cute Korean producer, finding her way in the music world. I thought it would be the most accurate portrayal. 

I put that into illustrator and traced it and played around with it to get this image.


For the background I thought it would be interesting to add something to show "sound" or "music" in the air. I tried a bunch of stuff but I thought the black scribble dots would work best because it shows something similar to white noise or static.




next I added the masthead and the text. From looking at previous rolling stones covers that I liked they used serif fonts and italics.



Modern No. One


Didot + Korean font
Didot Italic

Bodoni
















No comments:

Post a Comment